Sunday 26 February 2012

THE KILLER WITHIN.

I let the body drop to the floor; the entertainment value the victim has to offer diminishes quickly once they stop fighting to escape me, and I contemplate how I should dispose of this one. I try not to leave them visible as I don’t see the point in drawing in unwanted attention to my business.

The thought of cause and effect being focused entirely on me, the families of the victims I take are of no concern, well, not unless they are together when I attack anyway. There was a moment last week when I took out the entire family, now that had been a good evening.

I prod the fresh carcass to check life has, as I planned, left it, but there’s no sign of life now. There’s nothing worse that almost letting one get away, that just causes trouble and I don’t like trouble. No, much easier to remove the head sometimes just to make certain.

I move on, silently, the night is still young and I have a couple of hours left let before I need to turn in, so I look for more entertainment and its not long before I see my next pleasure and I watch for a moment from the shadows at the end of the garden. I can see the man of the house sat in the conservatory, his brown facial hair neatly trimmed above his lip.

He doesn’t know I’m watching, and that makes it more fun. Its not just in the kill’s I get, but in the chase, the build up and I stretch a little, letting the tension of the previous chase move on before I watch some more.

The mans wife enters and sits down opposite, she looks nice, well dressed, her hair is lighter than his, but they look the same age so I can guess its man and wife. Their daughter is younger, though old enough to have a job. I’ve seen her getting into a car with her mother before; they look like a nice family, that’s why I chose them.

I move slowly from shadow to shadow, stopping at every sound to ensure I am not being watched. From experience I know I am not the only one out tonight and I don’t want to be sidetracked. This is important to me, and there would be nothing worse than having the moment broken by another.

So far so good, the man is reading a paper, the others are talking, and I can hear them now through the window and its exciting that I am that close and they still don’t know I’m here.

`Don’t try to talk, Gemma.` She says to her daughter. `Your voice won’t get any better if you keep on trying to use it. I know it’s hard but you need to rest it, doesn’t she Steve? `

`What?” The man looks up. “Oh, yes. Rest it, just like your mother says. It needs to be better for the pub quiz next week.” He ruffles his paper and returns to reading, still oblivious to how close I am and that pleases me.

After all these years I’m still able to be invisible to them when I need to be, but time waits for no man, and I have places to be, things to do, so I make my move.

`Mandy! ` The man shouted suddenly as he spotted my face against the glass of the door. “Mandy Love, Open the door, neighbours cats here again. `Turn the heating up a little for her, she looks cold. `

No comments:

Post a Comment